Saturday, January 24, 2009

13 weeks to Boston: Elizabeth

Post race week.

Monday: Nothing
Tuesday: 1 hour spin. Pretty tired from Saturday.
Wednesday: 5.7 miles. I was going to try to run 1 mile warm-up followed by 3-4 of tempo miles and then 1 mile cool-down. After warm-up, mile 2 was 8:38 and hamstring killed. I stopped and stretched. Mile 3: 8:06, mile 4: 7:58, last 1 1/2 miles easy cool-down. Hamstring still tight and painful.
Thursday: Easy mile on track. 400 m in 92 seconds. Hamstring very tight so I quit. I played 15 minutes of basketball for the ward, but hamstring was too painful.
Friday: Nothing
Saturday: 1 hour of teaching spin. Great endurance workout. Hamstring felt fine on bike.

Hopefully next week, I can get some better runs in.

2 comments:

  1. You did some major cardio in kickboxing! Come how can you forget that.. On Monday

    ReplyDelete