Sunday, May 17, 2009

10 Weeks to Bryce: Elizabeth

Monday: 5.34 miles. 9:15 pace.
My legs felt like lead. I was supposed to ready at 7:30 when Tom got home from his ride, I wasn't. I had to quickly get up and rush out the door. I think I need more time to wake up.

Tuesday:
  • 17 miles on bike. 16 mph. Ashley and I rode up the twist and back. It was great. I felt good going up the hill and am just getting super excited about riding more.
  • Strength training at the gym. Hard, but good.

Wednesday: Spin. My legs were tired, especially the hamstrings, so I kind of took it easy.

Thursday:
  • Track workout. 6 x 800s (3:21, 3:20, 3:19, 3:17, 3:18, 3:17) It felt great. Tony was there and a new guy from Leeds who really helped me push the pace. We had a good group of others as well.
  • Open-water swim at Sand Hollow. 30 minutes. I swam from the beach, following the buoys to the island and in a bit then back tracked. It felt awesome! I know I am slow, but if I can swim 30 minutes for an 800 or 1000m with zero training ( I have been in the water one time since last November) I have good hopes with some training.
  • Futsol. Luckily, we won by forfeit because I had no energy. I played the first half, but then just played goalie or defense for the second half.

Friday: 90 minutes p90X yoga with Cherie. Awesome!! It felt good, no cardio but some good strenght poses and I definitely worked my shoulders. I even followed the workout with 2 real pull-ups.

Saturday: Taught spin. Kind of a dud of a class. Only two people and one wore headphones and did her own thing the whole time. But Bonnie and I got a good workout reagrdless. I guess I need to come with more mainstream hip-hoppy music that these ladies will like. I was a bit discouraged, but oh well.

I am looking forward to getting in a couple of good runs, rides and at least one open water swim next week.

1 comment:

  1. according to google earth my swim was closer to 1200 or 1300 meters!! woohoo!

    ReplyDelete