Sunday, May 10, 2009

11 Weeks to Bryce Half Marathon

Boston is done. But my race schedule is not over. We have many fun races planned this summer. The highlights include: Utah Summer Games Triathlon (Olympic Distance)on June 13, Bryce Half Marathon on July 18, maybe Kokopelli Triathlon on Septemeber 26, St. George Marathon on October 3 and I am thinking about doing a half ironman in Provo on August 15 or Bear Lake on August 29.

I am excited about all the races and will train for each of them, but I am really trying to peak at the Bryce Half so I can beat my sister, Rachel. I have never beat her in a running race where she wasn't pregnant, but I plan to in July.

Monday
Turbo kick at the gym. Great workout.

Tuesday
20 mile road ride with Ashley. A great ride to get me back on the bike. We road out past the airport and through Sky Ranch. Average speed: 16 mph.
This will hopefully be a regualr thing at 6:30 am. All are welcome.

Wednesday
Track workout. 3 x 1600 (6:41, 6:57, 7:34) with 400 RI. Wow! That was a hard workout. We had a great turnout, but it was a million degrees. I felt pretty good on the first and not so good on the second. I thought I was going to die on the third, but I made it, barely. This will be our last night one for a while. We are switching to the morning. Tom will lead a 6:15 workout and I will lead a 9:15 one. Hopefully we get some folks out.

Thursday
  • Rode to spin and strength at the gym. Alicia taught a great 40 minutes of spin followed by 20 minutes of arms.
  • 300 m swim at the lake. First open water swim sine last September. Felt good. I was a bit panicky on the way out, but got in a groove on the way back. I want to make this a weekly thing. But I need my own wetsuit.
  • Ward Futsol. Awesome game and a great workout. We won by forfeit, but were able to play a great, fun game.
Friday
Rest

Saturday
21-mile ride with Ty. We rode from Toquerville, through Leeds to the turn-off to Harrisburg. What a great route. There is a nice climb into the wind out of Toquerville, followed by a nice fast few miles thorugh Leeds. A few little climbs, but mostly downhill. Then, the way back is a nice long climb with some steeper sections followed by the super fast descent into Toquerville.

1 comment:

  1. It was at least a million degrees Wednesday night. I think I had heat stroke by the third lap around. Ugh. I can't believe you went as far and fast as you did. Good job!

    ReplyDelete