Saturday, June 6, 2009

7 Weeks to Bryce / 2 Weeks to Summer Games Tri

Run: 16.25 miles. Bike: 27 miles, plus 1 hour spin. Swim: 1400 m. Other: 2 hours.

Monday: 20-mile bike ride with Ashley followed by a 2-mile run. It was good. We did the Sand Hollow hill for practice. I taught Ashley how to tuck on the descent and we got up over 40 mph. I think I maxed at 45.1, my fastest ever. I think the average was right around 17 and we averaged 7:35 for the 2 miles. I was surprised I could do that after the bike, but it felt good.

Tuesday: 5 mile on the treadmill. 1 easy mile followed by three tempo (7:24, 7:19, 7:14) followed by a cool-down mile. I am trying to pick up my tempo runs. I should be doing 4-5 miles at sub half-marathon pace, which if I want to break 1:37, is 7:25. Yikes!! Not this week, but the following, i will try to get that up to 4 tempo miles. I was about to die at the end of that third mile, but I feel like I am getting stronger.

Wednesday:
  • 1 hour spin at the gym. I was on a broken bike that wouldn't chnage tension, so I was stuck at a slight incline. It was still a good workout.
  • 1200 m swim at Sand Hollow - 28 minutes. I tried out Carol's $600 wetsuit (the nicer, long sleeve version of mine.) I like mine better. I am glad I got the long john. Carol decided to return hers and get mine. After she gets it, I will have to try out her smaller size.
Thursday:
  • Track workout with Dennis and Tony. 2 x 200s (:47, :48), 1 x 1600 (6:47), 3 x 800s (3:16, 3:19, 3:19 ), 2 x 400s (1:36, 1:37), 2 x 200s (:47, :48). It was hard, but felt good.
  • Futsol game. We had no subs so I played hard the whole game. We lost and I fell a few times and have a good bruise to prove it.
Friday: 1 hour Turbo with Ty. It was great to have Ty back. Great workout.

Saturday: Mini-triathlon. 2 mile run, 7 mile bike, 200 m swim. 43:80. It was a fun little workout. I won, but was racing mostly 12-year-olds and 70-year-olds. I think my pace for the run was right around 7:45. 18.4 mph on the bike and who knows about the swim. It was hard to do it last and like I said before, I am not a pool swimmer.

I plan to taper a bit this week and then try to get my speed and endurance up.

No comments:

Post a Comment