Sunday, April 12, 2009

2 Weeks to Boston: Elizabeth

Monday: 13.1 miles, 8:23 pace, 1:49:53.
Exactly on marathon pace. Now if I can just keep it up for another 13 miles. It felt pretty good. I made sure there were plenty of hills. The wind picked up a bit halfway through, but that is good practice as well. Allergies were unbearable for the rest of the day. I can't wait for spring to end or for me to discover a allergy medicine that works.

Tuesday: Taught strength at the gym. I didn't have much notice (1 hour) but it turned out okay. The ladies didn't seem to mind my inabilities and we were all pretty sore on Wednesday.

Wednesday: Spin at the gym. My legs and pretty much whole body were tired and tight. I felt very slow on the bike, but oh well.

Thursday:
  • Track workout. 1 mile war-up. 4 X 800s with 400 RI (3:11, 3:15, 3:09, 3:12). I did it at 4 instead of the usual 6. I was grumpy. But Cherie joined me and ran one lap of my 800s with me and really pushed me. It was nice to have her to chase.
  • Futsol game. Awesome! I am so glad this sport is back on. We lost, but I had a good workout and even scored two goals. I'll miss it next week for Boston, but count me in every Thursday after that.
Friday: Rest.

Saturday: Tempo run. 1 mile moderate (8:18), 3 miles tempo (7:40, 7:45, 7:27), 1 mile moderate (8:20). It flet good. There was a misty rain and the temp was cool. I wore shorts, long sleeves and a light jacket. I had to remove the jacket part way through. So, even if the weather isn't ideal for Boston, I will be fine and I need to remember not to overdress, like I tend to do.

Wow!! It is so close. There really isn't much I can do at this point, but hope for the best. I had a good week.

I am looking forward to an easy week next week and then travel to and get used to Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment