Sunday, February 8, 2009

11 Weeks to Boston: Elizabeth

Monday: Kickboxing at the gym. Good solid workout with ab work.

Tuesday: Rest. Not the usual day, but scheduling conflicts made it happen.

Wednesday:
  • Strength training at gym in the AM.
  • Speed work on track in PM.
6 - 800s (3:18, 3:22, 3:18, 3:22, 3:25, 3:24). I definitely felt the fatigue of strength in the morning. It was extra bad because I haven't done strength in a long time. Hamstring bothering me by the end.

Thursday: Piyo at the gym. Hamstring very tight.

Friday: 3 easy miles on treadmill (8:34 pace). Hamstring on verge of excruciating.

Saturday:
  • A little bit of ward basketball. Hamstring very sore so I only played when someone needed a rest, but it was fun.
  • 21.5 miles, 4 hours running, 11:20 pace. My friend Carol was running 45 miles on her 45th birthday. I intended to run the middle 15 with her. I was worried about my hamstring though, so I wasn't even sure if I would make that. But between basketball and the run, a friend brought over a hamstring wrap and hallelujah! Praise the Lord! it worked like a miracle. I couldn't feel much pain at all. And I was having so much fun I ended up running the rest of the way with her and it ended up being 21.5 miles.It was a very slow pace because after all, she was running 45 miles. After the run I soaked in natural hot springs for 30-45 minutes. Today, I am barely sore.
This week I discovered a new energy source, 5-hour Energy. I say it works like a charm. I need to research it though, to make sure it's not too bad for my body. I can buy it at Costco by the case for 1.50 a jar. I used half the jar on Saturday's run.

My Garmin was on the fritz so I sent it in for repairs. I hope I get it back soon.

And I need to go buy my own hamstring wrap.

Next week will be an easy one because the Dam to Dam 5-miler is on Saturday, Feb. 14.

No comments:

Post a Comment