Monday, March 16, 2009

6 Weeks to Boston: Elizabeth

Monday: Rest

Tuesday: Taught spin at the gym. My standard 3-15 minute segments. Good energy and a big class.

Wednesday: Track workout. 6 x 800s. (3:08, 3:10, 3:13, 3:15, 3:13, 3:10). I went out a little fast thanks to Darrel pushing the pace. Felt pretty tired, but happy with the times.

Thursday: Piyo at the gym. Nice and easy because Ty is down to three weeks until her due date. She definitely didn't push us.

Friday: 4 miles on tread, 8:17 pace average, with hills. Definitely got my heart rate up.
  • mile 1: 8:34, flat
  • mile 2: 7:41, flat
  • mile 3, 8:20, increased incline1.0 every quarter mile from 2 to 5.
  • mile 4: flat 8:34 first half to catch my breath, 8 min quarter, 8 min quarter on 3.0 incline.
Saturday: 17 miles to top Sand Hollow hill, 8:45 pace.

I was dreading this my long run, but it turned out fine. Tom was out of town so I had to go at 9 when I had a sitter. I hoped for under 9:00. I started off pretty easy. I stopped at the stake center about two to three miles in for a potty break and to get rid of my jacket. I ate some Pria bar and went on my way.

The temp started at about 40 degrees and finished near 60. Hence, lsoing the jacket a few miles in. Wore short sleeves and arm warmers, which I also took off, and tights.

I energized through out with Jelly Bellys (I'm a big fan) and Clif Bar chews. Hydrated with water and gatorade. Wore my hamstring wrap and it felt fine. My right hip started getting a shooting pain the last few miles, but I just pounded it with my fist and carried on.

My pace started at an over 9:00 minute pace. I got faster after about five miles and felt really good, even up the Sand Hollow hill. Last two miles were 8:36 including the last mile uphill home. I was very happy and am feeling much more confident and prepared for Boston.

1 comment:

  1. Note to self: pound sore areas with a fist. Apply extra pressure for headaches.

    ReplyDelete